Strawberry Bubble Soap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the Brink Of Change

Go down

On the Brink Of Change Empty On the Brink Of Change

Post by Chris Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:08 pm

Long tedious days had passed since a naive little birdy had told Mephisto that a fellow sovereign had spawned an illegitimate child some years ago and had neglected to mention it to anyone. His underlings had spent the days searching for clues as to whether or not she actually existed, and when that had been proven the search began. Were he a law abiding demon, he may have informed Abbadon, perhaps even the angels, but he had far better plans for the girl. Horus may have been untouchable to him, just out of his reach, but the girl, whose existence was already forbidden, would play a vital roll in knocking her father down a peg.

Alas, her location was revealed and plans were set into action. Mephisto pulled for all his magical knowledge, as well as his understanding of Abbadon and the way his and worked, and thus broke the seal protecting the sword of Michael. He stowed it away, wrapped in a cloth inside a particularly well made briefcase, and briskly made his way down the hall. After a few bends in the corridor, he entered his room, where Natrix was waiting with several other of his men, each holding an identical briefcase, filled to the brim with his valuable belongings. Things like clothing and worthless trinkets still littered his room, but all of his important possessions were packed and ready for departure.

Mephisto tried his best to contain his arrogance, but a smirk plastered itself over his face and he simple could not suppress it. “Let’s hurry out of this hole, there’s a kingdom elsewhere in need of some shaping,” he gave a jerk of his head, indicating to the door behind him, before spinning on his heels and exiting the room.

Natrix, too, could not help but smirk. He knew his master well, and though he may have only been smirking outside, he was probably dancing and singing show tunes on the inside. He hoisted the briefcase in his hand, swinging it around to rest on his back as he strutted after the sovereign. He was incredibly amused by how blissfully unaware all they passed in the hallway were. The gang generally travelled with briefcases, which were generally empty and a habit they had gotten into as to not raise suspicion on the big day. They even strode pass Horus, whom was too engaged in one of his tomes to notice them.

Before they knew it, they were nearing the main gate to the other world, practically home free. Mephisto gave a soft, low chuckle as he closed his eyes, voice low as he spoke to his crew, “in a few moments we’ll be out of here, and the most critical of steps lay before us.” He reopened his eyes, casting a sidelong glance to Natrix, “you know what you have to do, before anything else,” he murmured, licking his lips as a cruel gleam entered his eyes, “go to that city, hunt down the illegitimate daughter, and kill her. I don’t know how, nor to I care what you do to her, just crush her, and be sure to bring her back to me, dead or alive, I don’t really care as long as you ruin her.” He glanced around, noting the gate guardian, with that ever vacant, soulless look that he always had. Mephisto wordlessly stepped through the portal to earth, convinced that the next time he stepped through such a gate, that he would be king of all three realms.

~~~~~~~

Later that day, an unsuspecting Remy was attacked by a particularly strong demon. Unlike anything that she had ever faced before. She stood before him, panting as he simply laughed at her, seeming to take great pleasure in her pain, in a sexual way , which made her screw up her face in disgust. She was slouching slightly where she stood, cradling an injured arm, blood running down the limb, collecting on her fingertips before dripping to the ground in a growing pool. He had only hit her once, with a sort of spinning kick, and she already felt as though she had been fighting him for hours. “Who the hell are you?!” She demanded, crimson eyes fixated on the male demon. “Why did you attack me? I don’t even know you,” she swallowed hard, slowly reaching for her shoulder and popping her arm back into socket with her good hand. She grimaced in pain, but it was necessary. She’d be needing all the strength she could get if she were going to fight this stranger.

Natrix was silent for a few long moments, in which time he really looked her over, enjoying her curves as he contemplated toying with her before killing her completely. “You take after your father, you know. Those eyes, so full of hate and disdain when they look upon me. That silky looking head of black hair. And that inability to just lay down and take something. I like that about him,” he smirked, just a little madly, “I’ve pursued him for years, just asking for a night of his time, and he’s rejected me every time... And yet, he seems content with that riffraff, that boy.” He spat the work, appearing increasingly aggravated. His fist clenched and he grit his teeth, though slowly he began to settle down, and soon he released a sign of relief.

“That doesn’t matter now, though. It’s just you and me, and while you are much, much more attractive to me then your father, you are not nearly as powerful.” He smiled, taking his first step towards her. “So, you may struggle all you want, but honey, you’re just going to be wasting your energy against a demon like me.” With his final words spoken, he lunged towards her, amused as she tried to get away. She was nimble, he would admit that, but not nearly nimble enough as he easily managed to swing behind her back and fire a magical cluster of electricity at her spine.

Remy fell forwards with a cry of pain, landing on her hands and knees as she coughed violently, smoke pouring forth from her lungs.

“Mm, I quite like you in that position,” Natrix chuckled, licking at his lips as he watched her stumble to her feet. “You’re so deliciously strong willed. I’m going to enjoy breaking you!” He continued to laugh, though silenced himself as the girl got to her feet, and promptly swung her foot at his head. Easily, he grabbed her leg, rest her foot against his shoulder, while the fingertips of his free hand danced from the inside of her ankle and up her leg. He took delight in the fact that, as he tickled at her inner thighs, fright became apparent in her eyes for the first time, and she struggled with him, only managing to free herself as she kicked his fingers with her other foot, causing her to fall as he released her, rather painfully on her side.

“Little bitch,” he hissed, drawing back his foot, he kicked her in the ribs, causing her to grunt in pain. He could not contain himself as he brought his foot against her stomach and side, each time a little harder, with sickening cracking sounds and yelps of pain. He stopped only when she was violently coughing blood, clearly unable to defend herself from him any further. As such, he swopped down, grabbing her by the neck and hoisting her, first to her feet, then off of the ground entirely, her legs dangling limply from her bloody and dirty form.

Natrix held her there, watching her gag as she struggled to breathe against his hand, which was no easy task with the blood still rolling from her mouth. He began to study her again, humming to the sound of bubbling blood. It was then that he noticed something around her neck, something shiny. A locket of sorts. His eyes narrowed, and he wondered, if perhaps, it held a picture of her dear old mother. He was curious as to what sort of woman Horus would bed down with. Too curious, perhaps, as he tore the chain from her neck and tried to slip open the locket, only to have it melt in his palm and emit a blinding light that caused him to drop the girl. He shielded his eyes, but he did not need to see to know that the locket held something powerful, something demonic.

When he finally managed to take a look around, the girl sat herself up, looking dazed an confused, but somehow, something was different about her. The entity had entered her, possessed her, perhaps. No, that wasn’t it. She did not have any of the symptoms of possession. She stood on her own and appeared confused more than anything else, nonetheless, she seemed to have completely gotten over her wounds, as though they were not bothering her any longer. His eyes narrowed, and a slow realization set in upon him as it finally dawned upon him what had been done.

That clever dog, he thought, gritting his teeth, Horus, you bastard. You sealed the girls power inside that locket, didn’t you? I can feel her power now, her true power, and it’s similar to yours. Were you hiding her from us? From the angels? Did you rig it to disintegrate when touched by something more powerful that her? Natrix grit his teeth, about to bark at her that she did not have a chance, when suddenly she swung her foot and him and kicked him in the groin, causing him to shriek like a little girl.

“Don’t ever, ever, put your dirty hands on me,” Remy growled, watching as the man feel to his knees before her. She did not hesitate to whirl around and kick him in the face, sending him flying into the side of a building. She blinked in surprise, feeling rather light headed and dizzy with power. She didn’t know what happened, but this was one gift horse that she wasn’t going to look in the mouth.

“Ugh, hell,” Natrix cursed, slowly picking himself up. Before he knew it the girl was in front of him, and she had brought her foot down on his skull, causing his chin to hit the pavement with a sickening snap that indicated he had broken his jaw. His head was spinning, and amongst everything he could not help but think, on top of everything else, she even fights like you. This just isn’t fair.

These were his last thoughts before passing out there on the ground, his blood spattered over the walls behind him and the ground below him.

A disoriented Remy rest her palm to her hand, feeling light headed as she stumbled away from the scene, mind numb with power.

~~~

All hell has broken loose in Abbadon’s realm when he discovered that the sword of Michael had been stolen from his office, out from under his nose. He rushed through the halls of his grand castle, causing more chaos and uproar as he went, which quickly spread through his home and to the surrounding areas. It soon became abundantly clear to the household that Mephisto and his goons were missing. With Horus in tow, he burst into the man’s room, and within a single glance knew that the man had left for good, even if he had left behind such things as clothes, he had taken all of his artifacts.

Abbadon promptly punched the nearest wall, fuming at the nerve of his sovereign. “That bastard. I knew he would betray me someday.” He growled, repeatedly punching the wall until he had put a sizeable hole in it - at which point in time he turned to overturning the furniture and destroying the rest of the room.

Grimly, Horus stood in the door way. “My lord, maybe we can find them,” he suggested, tone somewhat soft as he was unsure of himself, or rather what to do about the situation, “we can’t just stand around here, while he’s out there was the sword of Michael. There’s not telling what he plans on doing with it, but no one in the three worlds will be safe as long as he has it.”

“There’s no question about what he’s trying to do,” Abbadon mumbled, after having sat himself on the edge of the dresser, resting a palm to his aching head, “he’s going to wage a war, against whom, I couldn’t know, but that is what he will do.” He grit his teeth, a demonic growl escaping his form as hung his head. “I knew this day would come. I knew he would betray me, and I practically left myself wide open for this, and everyone else in existence will pay for my carelessness,” he bitterly murmured.

“Master...” Horus whispered, though was unsure what else he could say. He raked his fingers through his dark hair, thought frozen halfway, feeling a powerful pang in his chest. He gripped at his heart, leaning on the doorframe in agony as he began to pant, eyes wide with fear. “What the hell is going on?” He asked himself, voice still soft.

Nevertheless, Abbadon heard him and rushed to his side, “Horus! What is it? Are you having a heart attack? I can’t afford to lose you right now, I need you behind me!” He urgently looked over other male, whom did not really seem to be in pain so much as some form of shock.

Horus was about to respond when heavy footsteps somewhere behind him indicated that something big was trudging through the halls. He glanced back to see the foreman of the gate guardians, their leader, making her way towards them. He hastily up righted himself as to not show weakness, though rested a hand across his heart.

“Lords, excuse my intrusion,” the scantily clad, purpled skinned demoness bowed to the two men, her purples locks falling before her face, “I have received word that Mephistopheles exited through the main gate, which wasn’t remarkable in itself, but the arrogant Mephistopheles was mumbling amongst his group, words that did not strike any concern until news of his betrayal.” She looked at the expectant men, eagerly awaiting her words, “he spoke of crucial times, and a difficult plan ahead.” She paused a moment, folding her leathery wings, “there was... Also mention of an illegitimate child, that they seemed to be hunting as part of their devious plan,” she shook her head, tucking her hair behind her pointed ears, “what a lowly coward he truly is.”

Horus, standing behind Abbadon, went as white as a sheet, knowing now what the unfamiliar sensation was. He had used some of his power to seal away Remy’s, so either, she, along with his amulet, was destroyed, or it had been broken and her true power had returned. Either way, with Mephistopheles involved, he couldn’t risk assuming one think or the other. “Remy!” He exclaimed, before running past the two and down the hall.

“Remy?” the guardian and Abbadon questioned in unison. It soon dawned on them what was happening, and they exchanged glances.

“My lord, what would you have me do?” Asked the she-demon, whom rest her hands upon her hips, staring down the hall after the sovereign.

“Seal the gates, after Horus has passed through them. Only myself and the two remaining sovereigns may pass through them at will, everything and everyone else who wishes to enter or exit must be brought to my court, and I will make the decision. Tighten security, inform Drake of what has happened, and gather together my special forces. Dark times lie ahead,” Abbadon instructed, before making his own way down the hall. He stopped short, turning to look back at her underling, “send word to my grandson that I wish for him to come see me.” With that, he departed for his office, which served as both his library and court.

~~~

Mephistopheles patience had worn thin. It had been hours since Natrix had departed to slay the girl, and he had yet to return. He wasn’t worried about his minion so much as he worried that the girl might have not been there at all, putting their entire plan in jeopardy. He was sitting in the backseat of a rather lavish looking car, that was rolling along slowly while the three men in the car searched the streets, trying to find their comrade.

It was Mephisto himself who felt the weak twinge of light that indicated Natrix was near. “Stop the car!” He demanded, and promptly exited the vehicle, hurriedly making his way towards the source. It was farther than he had thought, but soon he came upon a scene where a battle has clearly taken place, judging by the blood, the cracked pavement and the dislodged pile of brinks that had fallen from a damaged wall. Beside these bricks lay a bleeding Natrix, whom was only then beginning to come around, judging by the unearthly noises he was making.

Mephisto rushed to his side, helping him to his feet, only to grasp him by the front of his bloodied shirt, “Natrix. The girl, where is she?” He demanded, jaw clenched as he listened to the man’s pathetic voice begin to speak up.

Natrix coughed, lifting his head slightly to stare at his master, “pfft,” he managed, bloody spurting from his mouth and staining the front of Mephisto’s suit, “power...ful.” He managed to utter, head lulling from side to side. “L-like... Horus,” he coughed violently, form quivering from blood loss and weakness. “Terrible...”

Mephisto was shocked to hear what Natrix had said, but then, the man had been beaten, that should have been proof enough that she were strong. He sneered a little, though began to help Natrix towards the car, which had followed him into the alleyway. “There’s no way she’s a strong as him... But I should have known that any spawn of his would require special efforts to kill,” he hissed, shaking his head bitterly as the duo clambered in the car, before the driver revved it back onto the main street and they disappeared.

~~~

A still disoriented Remy had made her way to the outskirts of town, where she was sitting on an abandoned, half fallen, cement bridge that had been used in many years gone by. Clear water ran under it, with a calming rushing sound that helped to soothe her nerves. Nevertheless, she still appeared rather troubled as she looked down from her perch on a pillar someways away from shore, too far for a human leap to reach, staring beyond her feet and into the stream below. “What the hell is going on today?” She asked herself, pulling gently at her skirt and fixing her shirt a little as she released a heavy sigh. “Ugh, I feel so dizzy,” she rest a hand to her temple, but soon began to rub the dried blood from her face.

Slipping off of the pillar, she landed easily in the stream below, which barely reached her knees. She splashed water at her face, observing her reflection as she cleaned herself up. In spite of everything, she didn’t feel any worse for wear, in fact, she felt simply amazing.

Growing curious, she slowly began to pull up her shirt, tucking it carefully around her chest as she prodded at her rib and stomach, which wasn’t even so much as bruised or torn. None of her ribs appeared to be broken, in fact, her body seemed to have mended itself in record time. “Damn...” She whispered, in pure surprise.
Chris
Chris
Admin

https://strawberrybubblesoap.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum